03/10/2009

Robotting

Given that the F1 project I've been doing is a bit like pissing in the wind (the statistics I've been collecting will all need updating at the end of the season), I've put it on hold until November, giving me this month to work on a few other projects.

I've been making a robot alongside the F1 thing, mainly doing bits and pieces to it when I get bored of making spreadsheets that would be bigger than me if they were people. Think of it as a mix between the Terminator and Bob Ross, or a giant etch-a-sketch... I think it's almost finished now, I've done a lot of work to optimise it so its changed from basically a car with a pen on a motorised stick into a pen on a conveyor belt on a stick which is suspended from a drawing board with motors, so it should be a lot lighter than it was. I would be keeping a photographic diary of it but I can't be arsed so I haven't.

Another project in the planning stages is a collaboration which is going to be huge, lit up and colourful, but infographic and maybe interactive too, I'm very excited about it though which means you should be too, damn it.

And the third project is not a lot more than a brief, half-joking discussion. The collaborator on that one has a full time job with stupid hours, no internet connection and no phone signal... Not the most ideal situation so far.

So yeah, that's basically what I'm doing these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment